An Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer Compliance Officer
Are you ambitious and ready for a new career opportunity? Then we would like you to join Lydian as an Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer Compliance Officer.
- You have (at least) a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- You have a first experience of at least one year in a compliance function, preferably within the banking, finance or legal sector.
- You are familiar with AML / CFT laws and regulations.
- You are able to deal with internal as well as external contacts with a variety of nationalities and this is why we ask you to have excellent written and spoken language skills (Dutch-French-English).
- You show the right attitude and are determined to acquire new competencies related to this field.
- You are open-minded, ready to learn and have a hands-on approach.
- You pay attention to details and are able to work on your own initiative.
As Lydian’s new Compliance Officer, you will assist with the onboarding of clients and with AML / KYC-processes to assist in the prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption and other financial crimes. Besides being the first point of contact for all questions regarding anti-money laundering, customer identification and suspicious transactions, you are responsible for the follow-up and implementation of new laws and regulations on AML / KYC. To this end, you will ensure that all necessary AML / KYC documentation is up-to-date and you will train & coach our lawyers and staff on AML / KYC.
This role requires a high level of attention to detail, strong decision making, social skills and an ability to manage workload effectively and in a timely manner.
- We offer you a pleasant and stimulating work environment and the opportunity to be a part of a young and dynamic team in a leading Belgian law firm. The work will be interesting and challenging and you will have the opportunity to work with other departments in an interdisciplinary way.
- We make a long-term commitment to our people. We offer a dedicated training programme and care for your professional development.
- Last but not least, we offer a competitive and attractive salary package.
Equal opportunities policy
It is Lydian’s policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas are made only by reference to the requirements of the job and are not influenced by any other consideration.
Lydian, a law firm that’s expanding fast, where a young team of people has successfully worked together to put a dynamic, full-service firm on the map: that’s who we are.
Lydian advises important international and Belgian companies in their most challenging cases. Our lawyers are amongst the best in their profession. It’s not really surprising that in a very short time we have managed to become one of the largest and most reputed independent law firms in Belgium.