A Senior Associate Insurance (4-8 years experience)
- You have excellent entrepreneurial skills; you are passionate about your work.
- As a team player you have the necessary drive and talent to work in a competitive environment where the group atmosphere is key.
- You are totally at home in an international context.
- You hold a Belgian Masters in law, and your commitment at university helped you to stand out from the crowd.
- You have between 4-8 years experience in insurance law.
- You are a native Dutch or French speaker with an excellent command of English.
- You may choose to work in our Brussels, Antwerp or Hasselt office.
Our insurance lawyers assist their clients daily in all fields of insurance law. Our Insurance & Reinsurance Team is recognized for its expertise in claims litigation (property insurance, product liability, D&O, life insurance,…), for its regulatory advice (including mergers and runoff), and also for its extensive knowledge of all life and non-life insurance products (from contract drafting to tax issues). We work for the most prestigious Belgian and international insurers and brokers and also often upon instruction from international specialised law firms.
You will therefore be involved in various matters such as:
o Distribution of insurance products
o Regulatory insurance
o Life and non-life insurance
o Policy wording
o Insurance taxes
o Reinsurance and Captives
- We also offer you a very stimulating work environment and the opportunity to be a part of a young and dynamic team in a leading law firm. The work will be interesting and challenging and you will have the opportunity to work with other departments and in an interdisciplinary way. Our Insurance & Reinsurance Team works on high profile Belgian and international cases.
- We make a long-term commitment to our lawyers. We offer dedicated local and global training programmes and we also organise professional training in communications, IT skills, management and business development skills.
- Last but not least, we offer career progression and a competitive and attractive package.
Equal opportunities policy
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas are made only by reference to the requirements of the job and are not influenced by any other consideration.
Check out our testimonials and find out more about working at Lydian.
Kick-start your career now and apply online (http://www.lydian.be/en/jobs)
Tour & Taxis – Havenlaan 86C b113
T +32 2 787 90 00
F +32 2 787 90 99
Lydian, a firm that’s expanding fast, where a young team of lawyers has successfully worked to put a dynamic, full-service office firmly on the map: that’s who we are. Lydian advises leading international and Belgian companies in their most challenging cases. Our lawyers are amongst the best in their profession. It’s not really surprising that in a very short time we have managed to become one of the largest independent law firms in Belgium.