Media, content providers and investors are today facing complex legal challenges. Globalisation and convergence of media and telecoms have substantially changed the media landscape. Traditional revenue models have been replaced by new cross-media challenges. Content owners get opportunities to value their content on a larger, often international scale.
Lydian assists content owners, publishing and printing companies, advertisers, broadcasting companies (including TV and radio broadcasters), cable and satellite TV operators, internet service providers, music companies, film companies and games publishers.
As a full-service law firm, Lydian offers a complete range of legal services tailored to the media sector. On international projects, we work closely with local counsel to offer a multi-jurisdictional capability. This enables us to provide our media clients with strategic and innovative yet pragmatic and hands-on advice.
Our areas of expertise include:
- information governance and data protection (privacy), including Big Data projects and cross-border data transfers;
- media regulatory advice, including cross-ownership restrictions and licensing and broadcast content restrictions;
- commercial contracts;
- pre-publication advice and clearance;
- production, publishing and licensing agreements, including technology licensing;
- strategic portfolio development, including transactional support in the exploitation of rights and distribution of content;
- (online) advertising, marketing and unfair competition;
- product placement;
- right of reply and liability issues;
- joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and divestments in the media sector;
- funding (including sponsorship and public sector financing), production financing and tax issues; and
- dispute resolution, including content licensing and rights disputes.
Lydian’s ICT and IP practitioners are familiar with the specific requirements of media sector businesses. Our legal solutions are tailored to meet each company’s individual needs and requirements. With our thorough sector knowledge and our full-service offering, Lydian is well placed to help you cope with today’s challenges and future opportunities.