At the heart of any port project is the need for a reliable revenue stream, enabling the financing of the project to take place with no, or...
Ports and Logistics
RISK MANAGEMENT IS CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
The ports and logistics industry presents particular challenges and risks which need to be assessed and managed including:
- the regulatory regime and relations with port authorities
- environmental risks and safety/public liability issues
- the scale and complexity of port operations
- interconnection with surrounding facilities
- usage and revenue risks and general market risks
- the particularities inherent to working with harbour workers
A recent trend in port development has been the willingness of many port users to become involved as sponsor partners in port or terminal...