Lunch Seminar: 'Handling Data Subject Requests'
Tour & Taxis
Havenlaan 86C b113
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has reinforced existing data subject rights (e.g., the right to access) as well as created certain new data subject rights (e.g., the right to data portability).
Although the general principles governing these data subject rights may seem easy to understand, their application in day-to-day practice is a lot less evident and raises multiple – sometimes difficult – questions:
- If a data subject exercises the right to be forgotten, do personal data from back-ups also need to be deleted and, if so, how can this be done in practice?
- Does the right to access imply a right to receive a copy of all documents containing the data subject’s personal data?
- What defences are available to a controller not willing to honour the data subject’s request or not willing to provide certain information?
During a lunch seminar on 19 March 2019, we will further examine the various data subject rights and, more particularly, their exercise from a legal and practical point-of-view.
This lunch seminar will take place in French and Dutch. The slides will be in English.
You can register online for free until 12 March 2019.
We hope to welcome many of you at our lunch seminar!
- Welcome and sandwiches: 12h00
- Start of the presentation : 12h30
- Q&A: 13h45
- End: 14h15
For a smooth organisation, we kindly ask you to inform us (+32 2 787 90 15 or email@example.com) if you will not be able to attend this seminar after you have registered.