Lunch seminar: What to do in case of data breaches ?
Havenlaan 86C - b113
Data breaches are unfortunately not new but this remains clearly a hot topic, especially since the entry into force of the GDPR and since the members of the Belgian Data Protection Authority are in place.
As you know, data breaches are not only the results of hacking by external persons but are often due to mistake made by employees of your company.
The GDPR provides for specific provisions in case of data breaches and requires to notify the supervisory authority as well as the data subjects under certain circumstances that are not always clear. There exist already some guidelines from the EDPB but this is not sufficient.
We have therefore often to deal with the following questions :
- What do I have to do when one of my employees loses his/her laptop or smartphone or USB stick?
- What do I have to do if an employee or external provider sent to his private email address company’s documents / files containing personal data?
- What do I have to do if an employee or external provider transfers personal data of customers or employees to a unauthorized third party?
- What do I have to do when our IT system is hacked?
Hence, Lydian’s data protection team has decided to further analyse these questions from a legal and practical point of view during the European Cybersecurity month and more particularly during a lunch seminar on 15 October 2019 in our Brussels’ offices.
This lunch seminar will be held in Dutch and French and the slides will be in English.
Registration is free until 8 October 2019.
- Welcome and sandwiches: 12:00 pm
- Start of the presentation : 12:30 pm
- End: 2:15 pm
To allow us to guarantee a good organisation, we would be grateful if you could inform us (+32 2 787 90 77 or firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of impediment.