Lydian & ACC Europe Webinar: Conducting Effective Internal Investigations
Investigation work is peppered with legal and practical issues for which there is not always one correct solution. In recent years, organizations of all sizes, sectors and markets have been faced with managing internal investigations.
For their general counsel, knowing how to respond to these threats goes beyond knowledge of black-letter law. Knowing who to communicate with in the organization, aligning legal with other functions, and finding practical and timely external advice are now more important than ever. And with the trend towards digital and remote working in Belgium, and the rest of Europe, the risks businesses face is set to grow.
This webinar is designed to provide general counsel and risk & compliance professionals with guidance on the practical steps that can be taken to mitigate, manage and overcome the different stages of an investigation, from the initial complaint to the final outcome.
Key discussion points will include:
- Determining the scope of the investigation
- Whistleblowing aspects
- Setting up a team and deciding on its composition
- Categories of information and how to collect these
- Data forensics and Data Protection aspects
- Data Sharing in Response to Authority Request
- Deciding at what stage to terminate contracts
- Practical issues for employers when carrying out investigations in a remote working environment.
- Preparing for recovery
- Criminal complaint or civil action
This webinar took place on 5 October 2021.
Rewatch it here: