Lydian Webinar: "Data subject rights: 4 years of case law of the Belgian data protection authority" - 18 November 2022
Since its creation in 2018, the Belgian Data Protection Authority (DPA) has emerged as an active regulator in the field of privacy and data protection. Due to the low threshold for filing complaints, citizens easily found their way to the DPA and the Litigation Chamber handed down a considerable number of decisions.
In this webinar, Lydian’s Information Governance & Data Protection (Privacy) team analysed four years of case law regarding data subject rights in a pragmatic way and provided you with do and don’ts when replying to a data subject request.
We focused on the following rights as most cases handled by the Dispute Resolution Chamber concern these rights:
- facilitating the exercise of data subject rights (Art. 12 GDPR);
- the right to transparency (Art. 13 and 14 GDPR);
- the right to access (Art. 15 GDPR);
- the right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR); and
- the right to object (Art. 21 GDPR).
We also briefly discussed the other rights since your organisation has to understand how to reply correctly to requests related to such rights:
- the right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR);
- the right to the restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR);
- the right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR); and
the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (Art. 22 GDPR).
Missed the webinar? Re-watch it here 👇