Our ICT team advises technology companies throughout the entire business life cycle, acting for companies such as developers, distributors and suppliers of hardware, software and IT services. We also advise corporate customers on the full spectrum of technology matters.
Lydian’s ICT team is familiar with the challenges facing the technology sector and understands the dynamics of this fast paced environment. Our ICT team can demonstrate thorough industry know-how, international experience and in-depth knowledge of local law to assist its technology clients. We pride ourselves in being abreast of the latest developments and upcoming trends in the sector.
As a full-service law firm, Lydian offers a complete range of legal services tailored to the technology industry. On international projects, we work closely with local counsel to offer a multi-jurisdictional capability tailored to the technology sector. This enables us to provide our technology clients with strategic and innovative yet pragmatic and hands-on advice.
Our areas of expertise include:
- information governance and data protection (privacy), including Big Data projects and cross-border data transfers;
- outsourcing (ITO, BPO);
- information technology (hardware and software) procurement, including software licensing, development, maintenance and integration/implementation projects;
- cloud projects (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS);
- open source software (OSS) projects, compliance and risk assessment;
- software license compliance issues, including related dispute resolution;
- technology-driven transactions such as strategic alliances, joint ventures and the acquisition or divestment of technology;
- protection and defence of intellectual property;
- e-commerce law and regulation, including website terms and conditions, content and liability issues and the setting-up of e-commerce platforms;
- technology, IP and data protection (privacy) issues in the InsurTech and FinTech sector;
- cybersecurity and cybercrime;
- dispute resolution, including in connection with the interpretation, performance and termination of IT contracts, procurement issues and outsourcing agreements;
- employment issues, including the use of contractors;
- mergers, acquisitions and divestments in the technology sector or requiring specialist technology input; and
- financing and tax issues for technology clients.
Our clients are looking for legal professionals who understand their business and technology, anticipate legal issues and know how to apply regulations and laws which are relevant to their specific industry. Our legal solutions are therefore tailored to meet each company’s individual needs and requirements.