Telework no longer mandatory, but strongly recommended
Earlier today (24 June 2021), the amendment to the Ministerial Decree of 28 October 2020 on urgent measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19 was published in the Belgian Official Gazette.
As of 27 June 2021, the following rules apply:
- Telework is no longer mandatory, but strongly recommended in all companies, regardless of size, for all staff whose job lends itself to it.
- Telework is carried out in accordance with existing collective bargaining agreements and policies. Employers must therefore have rules in place that implement CLA no. 149 (COVID-19 telework) or CLA no. 85 (structural telework).
- The monthly registration obligation with the NSSO is abolished.
- The possibility of organising so-called “return moments” is no longer provided for.
- Employers must ensure that they timely take appropriate preventive measures to guarantee compliance with the rules of social distancing and provide a maximum level of protection at the workplace. Reference continues to be made to the Generic Guide to Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 at Work and the Guides issued at industry level.