FinTech and InsurTech are emerging as a game changing opportunity for financial institutions and insurers to innovate, improve the relevance of their offerings and ensure further growth.
As one of Belgium’s leading independent law firms, Lydian has earned an impressive reputation in the area of insurance and reinsurance, both nationally as well as internationally.
Our insurance and reinsurance, IP and ICT teams understand the opportunities and challenges faced by FinTech and InsurTech businesses and can advise on the interplay between technology, insurance regulation and financial regulation.
Our expertise includes:
- information governance and data protection (privacy), including Big Data projects, cross-border data transfers and security issues;
- strategic sourcing, including outsourcing;
- cloud projects (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS);
- trust services and infrastructures including electronic signatures and electronic seals;
- payment services and e-money;
- protection and defence of intellectual property;
- technology licensing, development and procurement;
- (mobile) app development, licensing and distribution;
- employment issues, including the use of contractors;
- mergers, acquisitions and divestments in the FinTech/InsurTech sector; and
- financing and tax issues for FinTech and InsurTech clients.